Tuesday, September 22, 2009

models staying skinny



When looking at this photo it jumped out and said, "every day models."  I thought this because models are always trying to stay skinny to look good.  They will do anything to not gain weight and stay as small as possible; even when its obviously not the right thing to do.
To me this is a very controversial picture.  I can not stand it when people worry so much about how they look and how much they weigh.  There is way more to life than worrying about that.  Then you have the people who look up to these models and how they look and want to be just like them.  You see it in the news everyday, more models or celebrities being addicted to some type of drug and the tabloids explaining how skinny they have gotten.  To think that people look up to these celebs and models makes me sick.  If anything, the celebrities and models should be looking up to the everyday people who do not worry about appearance and just do the right thing and make a difference in the world; for those are the real heroes of society. 
I understand that everyone wants to try to look their best, but to what extent?  Is it really that important to be able to fit in a size 0, that you have to turn to something like drugs to make it happen?  Or starving yourself?  I personally feel its foolish, along with many of my peers.  If you are that worried about the way you look, and want to try to do something about it, then do it the right way.  Looking up to these models and acting as they do, is not going to get you anywhere good in life.  
Models might disagree and say they have no choice but to do what it takes to stay skinny, and to that i still say, there is a right way to go about it.  I just hope one day we can all realize this, and take one step into becoming a better society as a whole.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with what you say about how people should not care as much about how they look as most do. I think that this picture really represents just how shallow our world is becoming to care so much about being a stick. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything your saying! I hate how people are so worried about how they look or what size jeans they can fit into. Its a shame that the world sees these peopple as "Perfect"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Followers